Also finished in the last few weeks, several items.
First, a really cute little scarf: Xeriscape, designed by Mary Heather Cougar (aka The Other MH - or is that me? - or RainyDayGoods on Ravelry.) It's like the famous Baktus scarf, knitted with increases along one edge until you're half-way done, then decreases along the same edge, forming a very elongated triangle. But this one also has scallops along the shaped edge. Simple but very effective. I increased the length by adding six more scallops (3 increases and 3 decreases). Yarn is Fibernatura 'Yummy' from The Granny Square.
And then there's the top in recycled silk and cotton Rowan Purelife yarn that Roberto and Mat sent me from London. I used almost every bit of this yarn, tailoring the depth of the armhole to the amount I had left. It is a copy of a tunic I designed and made years ago and love for work. Very simple, stylish and comfortable.
Now the seashell scarf. This is something quite different, that I blogged the beginning of over a year ago. It's very fine raw silk, three strands held together, and the effect is quite amazing. Can you see the broken shell effect?
There's also a pair of socks in Wendy Happy, a bamboo yarn. There really are two; this is just one of them. They're not quite identical: there was a break in the yarn after which the pattern was reversed! But I'm happy with them.
And of course I've started more:
Another pair of socks, this time for Mat, in the delicious Kaffe Fassett self-striping colours. I've said it before, and I know you all know it, but this man is a friggin' genius with colour. And I have two more balls in another colourway in my basket. It's like knitting with a rainbow.
A cardigan, from a pattern by Sunday Holm based on a long-lost cardigan knitted by Elizabeth Zimmerman that I blogged here - not green, you'll note.
And a Transatlantic shawl. This has been a lesson in using colours for me. I'd picked out three skeins for this ages ago, and started to knit in a bright green Itata with a caramel Lush Sock, planning to use an Itata Multy with both colours as the edging. But the initial green quickly showed itself to be wrong against the caramel - it was almost neon - so I substituted the muddier, more olivey Malabrigo green you see in the picture. But that, knitted with the caramel, looked like a lettuce and carrot salad (no, really, it did! I wish I'd taken pictures of these 'wrong' colour combinations). So I’ve settled on the Malabrigo green and the Itata Multy I was intending to use for the edge. It’s not as dramatic as I’d planned, but the colours are lovely together. I'm going to skip the big gashes in the design - a bit too edgy for me.
And there are a couple of unfinished projects from last winter that I'll pick up soon - including the Kaffe Fassett vest.